The Road to Abilene: Understanding Organizational Behavior in Project Management with Pete Rivera.
Pete’s presentation will address the following topics:
• Understanding what drives decisions: Group Think, Personality traits, team dynamics.
• Managing your team meetings.
• Dealing with difficult situations.
• Tools and tips to use during projects.
Pete is a senior healthcare professional with a substantial background in IT healthcare leadership, operations and clinical experience for over 25 years:
• Recognized industry expert and serves as a blogger for Healthcare Informatics Magazine.
• Experience ranges from Chief Information Officer and Senior Director Positions, in the private and government sectors.
• Served as Chief Information Officer, VP IT systems, Director Physician Information Systems for Academic Medical Center, Executive Project Manager for hospital enterprise-wide system implementations, has lead senior leadership teams during strategic planning initiatives and system selections, has conducted assessments of IT and revenue cycle systems and has implemented Electronic Medical Records.
• Served as a Medical Service Corps Officer in the United States Navy and Chief Hospital Corpsman.
• Worked as a Naval Hospital Chief Information Officer, national medical wide area network coordinated for Navy and Marine Corps reserve units and tele-medicine demonstration projects coordinator.
• Served as medical planner for overseas Military Medical Humanitarian missions.
• Master’s of Science degree in computer information systems (MSCIS),
• Certified Project Manager (PMP)
• Fellow, Health Information Management Systems Society.
• 6:30pm - 7:00pm - Networking & Food. Please RSVP so we order enough!
• 7:00pm - 7:45pm - Presentation. 0.75 PDUs (Leadership)
|Event Date||04-10-2019 6:30 pm|
|Event End Date||04-10-2019 8:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||03-14-2019|
|Cut off date||04-10-2019 6:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Register on Meetup.com|
|Location||Santa Fe College CIED|