2019 Executive Board Elections
Our Chapter needs skilled, experienced, and knowledgeable leaders for positions on the 2019 Executive Board .
As a board member, you will be a member of the leadership team that will manage the operational and strategic objectives of our Chapter.
Your contributions will be a significant factor in moving the chapter to the next level of service delivery to our members, and your contributions to our Chapter members, regional and global partners, and our contacts throughout the Tampa Bay community will be significant and invaluable.
The PMI Tampa Bay Chapter is managed by a volunteer executive board consisting of the President, President Elect, Past President, and nine Vice Presidents. Each Vice President is responsible for managing his/her program to execute the Chapter's operational and strategic objectives.
To nominate yourself or a member for a position on the 2019 Executive Board please follow this link to the 2019 Board Nominations form.
The following positions are automatic transitions in 2019:
- President : Leads the Strategic Direction of the Chapter.(Automatic transition from current President-Elect)
- Past-President: Automatic transition from current President.
The following Executive Board positions are up for election for a 2 year term starting in 2018.
- President-Elect - Assists Board in matters of chapter governance, conducts meetings in the absence of the president & is the chapter's representative to PMI Region-14.
- VP of Communications - Leads the Communications team providing the chapter website content, newsletters and social media updates.
- VP of Marketing - Leads the team which markets the chapter and its activities to potential sponsors, members and outside organizations.
- VP of Member Services - Leads the team which provides support to current and potential chapter members.
- VP of Professional Development - Leads the team providing educational and PDU opportunities for current and potential chapter members, including PDDs (Professional Development Days) and certification preparation classes.
- VP of Programs - Leads the team providing all chapter events.
For details on Executive Board - Officer Responsibilities, click here.
The two-year term runs from January 2019 through December 2020.
As a volunteer executive board member, you will help us shape the future, have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic and budget planning, keep a pulse on the greater Tampa Bay area and global professional chapter trends, and take our Chapter to the next level of visibility and impact in our community and with our membership.
This is an opportunity to support your own professional growth, improve your leadership abilities, learn new skills, network with your fellow local project management and regional communities, promote the profession of project management, provide value-added services to the membership, and serve the community.
Have you ever wanted to get involved and try something new and never had a chance to do so? Serving on the Executive Board involves participation in monthly board meetings, chapter meetings, strategic planning sessions, PMI regional / global conferences, and varying hours of work per month based on your specific responsibilities.
You must be a member of the PMI Tampa Bay Chapter in good standing to be considered for a Board position.
All candidates must have submitted their nomination by September 26, 2018, to be included,
The 2019 Board elections will be conducted electronically and results will be announced on November 3, 2018.
|If you are a visionary, thought leader, a change agent, or a risk taker;
If you are committed to defining and meeting commitments;
If you wish to pursue life-long learning,
then you are encouraged to apply and join the chapter leadership team for a great opportunity and experience!