The mission of the Tampa Bay PMI Corporate Outreach program is:
1. to advance the knowledge and practice of project management principles, and increase awareness and visibility of the project management profession among key business and government organizations throughout the greater Tampa Bay area, and
2. to assist these organizations to recognize the value of and come to expect professional project management discipline and governance, and utilize project management for achieving success in their objectives.
For 2015-2016, our plans are to establish a Corporate Outreach Committee with the objectives to: * analyze the organizations in the Tampa Bay area to determine their level of utilization of the project management discipline
* research and define the needs of the local organizations and solicit their input for professional project management needs
* identify initiatives that will increase the value and recognition of project management practices to senior management and key stakeholders.
The Corporate Ambassador program is also a major component of the Outreach program; the Ambassadors function as the liaison between our chapter and the organizations in which they work. The roles of the Ambassadors are:
* to ensure their organizations, primarily senior management and key personnel, are aware of our chapter and it’s goals of promoting the project management profession and practices within the greater business community
* to recognize the project management needs of their organization and advise the Outreach Committee on the added value services that could be provided to advance professional quality project management
* to promote the provided services and benefits of our chapter, promote major chapter events (such as chapter meetings and the annual Symposium), and to assist in sponsoring events within their organizations.
For More Information
If you would like more information or are interested in being a member of the Corporate Outreach Committee or of being an Ambassador for your company please contact the VP of Special Projects via email at VP-SpecialProjects@PMI-TampaBay.org.
We would welcome your participation and contribution to this major chapter program.