If you are a PMI credential holder you need to be knowledgeable of PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program. It outlines how participating in professional development activities enables you to earn professional development units (PDUs) in order to maintain your credential.
Each of the PMI credentials requires a specific amount of PDUs per three-year certification cycle. As the requirements differ for each credential, review the information on the credential that you have. You should also review the CCR Frequently Asked Questions guide.
A PowerPoint presentation describing how to claim PDUs will be coming soon.
The exception to the CCR program is the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®, which requires you to retake the exam before the end of your five-year CAPM® certification cycle.
There is a segment of the CCR video titled "How Do I Earn PDUs?" that is recommended for watching if you are uncertain on how to earn PDUs.
Also read Ways to Earn PDUs for activity ideas, and visit PMI Professional Development for a more complete listing of available PDU-earning opportunities.
Self Reporting PDUs
You can register PDUs for monthly meetings by self-reporting on the PMI.org website.
To register PDUs for a meeting offering 1 – 2 PDUs :
· Log into the PMI website – http://www.pmi.org
· From the top menu, select
· Maintain Your Certification: Earn and Report PDUs
· Under PDU Activity, select Report PDU
· In PDU Category, use dropdown to select
· Cat A – Registered Education Program / PMI Component Event
· In Activity Type, use dropdown box to select
· Report a Component 1-2 PDU Event
· Click on Next
· Complete Items:
· Component ID: C062
· Component Name: PMI Tampa Bay Chapter
· Click on Search
· Click on Component ID C062
· On next page
· Enter date of meeting
· Enter Activity Title (Chapter Meeting, Breakfast Roundtable, Career Development Network)
· Activity meeting number – if more than one meeting was attended on a specific day, enter meeting number as1, 2, etc
· Contact Person – Email Address
· Use appropriate program manager from the Program Managers page
· Phone Number – blank
· Click on Next
· Number of PDUs – 1 or 2
· Confirm claim is complete and accurate, click on Submit
If you have questions or would like additional information on PDU reporting, please contact PMI Customer Care at CustomerCare@pmi.org .