Welcome to Tampa Bay PMI's Volunteer Portal!
Get Involved ... Make a Difference ... Be a Volunteer
Thank you for showing an interest to volunteer your time, skills, and efforts to be an active member of the chapter's Board of Directors or of one of our standing committees.
What We Do
The Tampa Bay Chapter focuses on creating educational and professional opportunities for the benefit of the chapter members. The overall success and reputation of the chapter in the community and with our members is only achievable through the efforts of our volunteer members. The dedication and commitment of our volunteers enable us to continue to be successful.
We are always in need for volunteers to join our team as the Chapter continues to grow and broaden its services to our member community. You can volunteer through participation on the leadership team (Board of Directors) or on one of the team committees.
Reasons to Volunteer
- Opportunity to effect change and to initiate improvements
- Personal and professional growth that you will gain by sharing your talents and giving back to the chapter
- Opportunity to work with other professional project managers from many organizations across the Tampa Bay area
- Great social events (chapter meetings, conferences, seminars, certification training, recognition programs, etc.)
- Knowledge that what you are doing will impact professionals and organizations in the greater Tampa Bay area for years to come
- Opportunity for expanding your leadership skills
- and of course earn PDUs while doing it.
If you are a visionary, thought leader, or a risk taker; if you are committed to defining and meeting commitments; if you wish to pursue life-long learning, then you are encouraged to apply. Come join us and get involved as we jointly promote and pursue Project Management excellence in the Tampa Bay area! All members of the PMI Tampa Bay Chapter are eligible to volunteer. In addition, South University students may volunteer at any event held on campus.
Ways you can volunteer for PMI Tampa Bay
- Sign up to work at events such as Chapter Meetings, Member Orientation, Networking Events, PMP Prep Class, PDDs or the annual Symposium.
- Join a team as a Committee Member.
- Become a Chapter Officer. While the Executive Board (VP's and above) are elected positions, Director positions are currently available and are selected by the appropriate VP.
Ad-Hoc Volunteering: Working at Events
These roles offer flexibility as they require a commitment only for the specific events you sign up to work. They are great opportunity to meet new people and get started as a volunteer for the Chapter.
- Help the Director of Meeting Coordination at the monthly Chapter Meetings (registration, logistics).
- Help the Director of Membership and Manager of Member Orientation at the Member Orientations every other month.
- Assist the VP of Programs with networking events.
- Help at the PMP Prep Course
- Sign up to work at our annual Symposium event in the fall.
Join a team as a Committee Member
Being a committee member requires an ongoing commitment, usually a few hours each month. Most opportunities have a fairly flexible schedule. Committees report to Directors or VPs
The following teams are looking for new committee members:
Administration & Operations
Join a team as a Director
These roles require an ongoing commitment (typically a one-year term) and are appointed by the appropriate Vice President. Board members are required to attend chapter events, the annual Strategic Planning and Transition meetings, and are encouraged to attend Board meetings. Directors may have committees reporting to them.
Please consider joining us as a fellow volunteer.