Ignite Project Excellence Professional Development Day
Learn, get inspired by others, and earn PDUs at our first multi-chapter cooperative Professional Development Day! Eight chapters have combined their resources to create what promises to be an exciting and educational one-day, virtual event.
The packed agenda includes:
- Keynote Address from David Barret, founder of ProjectBites.com, on "Strategic Thinking for Your Work, Your Career, and Your Life"
- Three tracks to choose from with nine speakers covering all sides of the Talent Triangle
- An Executive Panel Discussion
- Event-wide coffee chat sessions covering fifteen different discussion topics
The nine speakers include:
- Eric Bloom on "What Project Managers Should Know About Strategic Development" (Business Acumen)
- Nan Gesche on "Managing Difficult Conversations" (Power Skills)
- Panayiotis Melas on "Change Begets Change" (Ways of Working)
- Jenny Fowler on "How to Build Your Project Management Influence" (Business Acumen)
- Eric Bloom on "Brainstorming Techniques That Get Great Results" (Power Skills)
- Amber McMillan on "The Transformative Influence of AI on Project Management" (Ways of Working)
- Sinikka Waugh on "Empowering Changemakers" (Business Acumen)
- Lisa DiTullo on "The Project Coach: How to Stretch and Develop Others While Getting Work Done" (Power Skills)
- Aina Alive on "Agile Portfolio Management: Transforming Business Strategies into Client-Centric Outcomes" (Ways of Working)
There will be two Discussion Group Sessions of 25 minutes each covering the following topics:
- How to Manage Projects When They Don’t Value Project Managers?
- What are the essential elements of Project Leadership?
- Where do PMs fit into Scaled Agile Framework?
- What are the key steps to a successful agile implementation?
- How do you manage difficult stakeholders?
- What is the secret to a strong Project Sponsor Relationship?
- How can we add a fun element to our Project Team?
- What is next – after Project Management?
- What is the secret to great Communication with a Project Team?
- How does a Project Manager lead up to Senior Management?
Early pricing for PMI members is $35 but hurry as the price increases on November 9th! Non-member pricing is $60.
It is no longer possible to register for this event