If you are a PMI credential holder you need to be knowledgeable of PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program. It outlines how participating in professional development activities enables you to earn professional development units (PDUs) in order to maintain your credential.
Each of the PMI credentials requires a specific amount of PDUs per three-year certification cycle. As the requirements differ for each credential, review the information on the credential that you have. Please also review the CCR Frequently Asked Questions guide for more information.
Project Management Professional (PMP)®
Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)SM
PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
The exception to the CCR program is the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®, which requires you to retake the exam before the end of your five-year CAPM® certification cycle.
Visit Ways to Earn PDUs for information on how to earn PDUs. The PMI Professional Development site also has a more complete listing of available PDU-earning opportunities.
Self Reporting PDUs
Visit PMI’s online CCR system to report PDUs and view your certification records.
You can register PDUs for monthly meetings that are worth 1 or 2 PDUs by self-reporting on the PMI.org website. To do this:
· Log into the PMI website – http://www.pmi.org
· From the top menu, select
· Maintain Your Certification: Earn and Report PDUs
· Under PDU Activity, select Report PDU
· In PDU Category, use the dropdown to select
· Cat A – Registered Education Program / PMI Component Event
· In Activity Type, use the dropdown box to select
· Report a Component 1-2 PDU Event
· Click on Next
· Complete Items:
· Component ID: C062
· Component Name: PMI Tampa Bay Chapter
· Click on Search
· Click on Component ID C062
· On the next page
· Enter date of the meeting
· Enter Activity Title (Chapter Meeting, Breakfast Roundtable, Career Development Network)
· Activity meeting number – if more than one meeting was attended on a specific day, enter meeting number as1, 2, etc
· Contact Person – Email Address
· Use the appropriate program manager from the Program Managers page
· Phone Number – blank
· Click on Next
· Number of PDUs – 1 or 2
· Confirm claim is complete and accurate; click on Submit
If you have questions or would like additional information on PDU reporting, please contact CustomerCare@pmi.org.